My College Routine

The beginning of my day has started pretty much the same for the last four years. I wake up about 45 minutes before my first class, usually scheduled around 9:30 or 10:30 a.m. This gives me enough time to get my mind and body right to start the day off. Some things I do include checking any messages and catching up on social media, specifically Twitter, my favorite app. I then get in the shower, freshen up a bit, and pick out an outfit based on what I'm feeling. Checking the weather app is underrated in my opinion, and many of you forget to do that and end up going outside regretting whatever you chose to put on. Most of the time, I throw on a calm outfit like a hoodie and sweatpants but might change it up if I feel like really putting it on.

I'll then head to class or breakfast depending on the time. Most of the time, I'm not really hungry in the morning, so I go with a simple bagel with peanut butter and honey, accompanied by a hot Lipton tea. If I'm on an empty stomach, the go-to is an omelet with potatoes on the side. From here, I'll head to class, usually on time, meaning 5-10 minutes late. Class runs for either 50 minutes or 80 minutes, where I am usually engaged for half the class, with the other half spent on YouTube or on DraftKings making a parlay.

After my first class, I'll head to Lundy Fitness Center to stretch, something I just started doing this past semester. Being a student-athlete has made me realize the toll playing sports takes on your body, so I have been taking rest and recovery seriously. Between classes is the best time for me to pull out a yoga mat and stretch for about 30-40 minutes. After this, I go back to the cafeteria and grab lunch.

After eating, I head to my second and sometimes third class of the day. This usually runs until 1:50 p.m., leading me into basketball practice. When it's cold, I usually navigate to practice and classes through the tunnels, but if not, I'll enjoy some fresh air outside. When I have time before practice, I usually show up 30-45 minutes early to warm up my body and do more stretching and foam rolling. Practice runs anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours.

This is where my day starts to slow down. If I have enough energy, I'll go get an hour lift in at the RAC or Lundy. If not, I enjoy this time for myself to relax and find a video to watch on YouTube or to watch videos on TikTok or Twitter.

When it hits 6 p.m., I slide back to the cafe to get dinner. When I get back to my room, I usually just catch up with the guys and see what they've been up to. Around this time is when I start the dreadful two to three-hour study session of doing homework and preparing for upcoming tests. This 2.5-hour study session usually involves an hour of studying and an hour of being distracted, watching the NBA games on that night.

I usually wrap up the study session around 8:30-9:30. This is when my free time starts. This is the time I use to relax my mind and body. Some things I do during this time are playing 2k, listening to music, or checking my social media apps. Something I've improved on over the past years is checking my email at night to see anything I might have missed during the day. I also set up reminders on my phone during this time.

My sleep schedule is all over the place. Sometimes it might be 11:30 or it might be at 2:00 a.m. This is something I am working on, but there are many distractions that often keep me up at night. Late-night snacks, phone calls from back home, and the game keep me up later than I should. Especially when I'm on NBA2K and the guys hit me with "play one more until we win," and we lose the next three games in a row. Once I feel it's time to hit the sheets, I go through the daily face and teeth routine consisting of cleaning and moisturizing. The last thing to do is to get on that cheap college mattress and shut my eyes, repeating the same process tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and the day after that.


Comments

  1. I believe that having a solid routine is very impressive while in college. College is a stressful place, and having a consistent routine can help limit being stressed. I need a better routine in my life so I can be more on top of things, so taking a look at this has motivated me to make a consistent routine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Album Review: "Nostalgia" by Rod Wave

Anticipated Events for the Upcoming NBA Season

Summer Job